Friday, February 18, 2011

"Lust" Minot #4

             The story "Lust" actually shocked me when I first started reading it. It being about all the men she has dated and been with actually made it very interesting to me and got my attention right away. I thought the way she described the scenery was very descriptive and she did a really good job at making the story interesting . The girls inner struggle was very apparent to me right when I started to read the story. She just wanted to loved and she was going about it all the wrong ways. This hit home with me because I no allot of girls that went through, and thought the same thing about guys. Girls and guys are very different in the way they think and it shows that throughout this whole story. Again I thought the story was very descriptive, and the setting was described very good. You felt like you were with her when she was with those guys and felt the feelings of disappointment she felt. I loved how she went on to describe how each guy was so different but at the same time all the same in the end. The author was trying to show the inner struggle that the girl was having, she liked the boys she was dating but didn't want to disappoint them or have them mad at her. The story was written in my opinion to describe the difference between girls and guys, girls trying to find love and guys just trying to get some. I thought this was a over all amazing story and it kept me interested the whole time.
Do you think that the way the girl was going about finding love was going about it all wrong ?

2 comments:

  1. Of course I think that the girl was wrong in her actions. The flings started as a way of being independent from her parents, and accepted by the others within the school. She first describes her flings as being enjoyable and risky, but later you see that it isn’t all fun and games as she is empty inside. As you stated, girls and guys definitely are differences, and especially in this manner. Women tend to be more emotional creatures, often mixing emotions with their actions. Men on the other hand are less emotional and so tend to leave emotion out of the picture, focusing strictly on the action.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I most certainly think she was going about her quest for love in all the wrong ways, but I also do not necessarily blame it on her. Yes, at a certain point in one's life they must take responsibility for their actions, but I also believe that a lot of responsibility belongs to their parents and adults they are surrounded by. It seems like her parents were rarely around, as she was in boarding school, and the housemother is telling her she has a duty to give boys babies. Although I think victimization is one of the most pathetic things, this girl is terribly young and it appears she has never been taught to respect her body as her own.

    ReplyDelete